Acer lures all Ferrari lovers with brand new smartphone in collaboration with the Italian sports car company; Acer is out to reveal the latest device based on Google’s Android 2.1 [éclair] OS. But it is yet to be seen if the handset is able to receive the updated Android 2.2. Handset which is named Liquid E Ferrari turns out to be only a limited edition device from the package of Acer’s liquid model line, totally with the specific red splash and the Ferrari Logo at the back.
The combo of the two companies is not something that has come out new. We have indeed witnessed their expertise in the special edition Ferrari Themed Acer Liquid E Smartphones in September last year. Ferrari based notebooks too have been released as a result of the joint efforts of both he companies. This phone too will bear the same features as the Liquid E Phones coming with carbon fibre accents and chrome detailing. Let’s just take a look at some of the important features:-
- A TFT 3.5 inch capacitive Touchscreen with 262 K colours and 480×800 pixels resolution.
- Bundled Ferrari content, including Ferrari wallpapers, ringtones of Ferrari engines and videos.
- Pre-loaded Acer Media Player widget and the Acer Web player widget.
- Android 2.1 [éclair] platform.
- A 768 MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8250 processor.
- 5 mega pixel camera with auto focus and geo-tagging.
- 512MB RAM.
- 512 MB ROM.
- A micro SD card slot for memory expansion [upto 16 GB].
- Wi-Fi- 802, 11b/g, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps.
- HSUPA 2.0 Mbps.
- Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP support.
- Bundled Ferrari-branded Bluetooth headset with noise cancellation technology.
It was released at the Ferrari Theme Park event in Abu Dhabi, UAE, not very long ago. It is known that Acer will be producing only 200,000 units. The price is not announced yet, but you can avail the device at all Ferrari outlets. Since it is branded as the limited series, the price too may be on the higher side. Of course, it will be you who has to make up your mind.
The phone also bears a signature Ferrari red paint and Scuderia Ferrari crest with chrome trim and carbon fiber accents. Thanks to its superior casing, the device is well protected from dust and damage. It is also studded with attractive goodies from the Ferrari, inclusive of a wall paper for each of its 5 home pages, ringtones and some Ferrari related and F1 images as well as videos.
It even comes with a matching Elite Bluetooth headset and a carrying case too. Acer is all set to release their smartphone in the Indian market too. Two other models have earlier been released in India, though a lot cheaper than the new one, at Rs 24,999 and Rs. 9,999. It offers a special combination of fine detail, great performance and high quality materials.