An Easy Solution To Delete Folders And Files Used By Another Program
Sometimes Deleting few files and folders becomes tedious. Certain notifications are displayed by the system while deleting them. The notifications are as follows:
- It will give you an error message which says that the file or folder cannot be deleted since other person or program is using that file.
- An error message that the file cannot be deleted, as the access to the file is denied.
- A message displaying that the file (source/destination) is already in use.
- A message displaying that there is a shared violation.
- A message asking the user to ensure whether the disk is fully protected or write-protected and whether the file is presently used by another person or program.
To completely delete the files and folders from the system, one needs to restart the system if such notifications are displayed. Instead of restarting the system, one can also use some disengaging tools to delete them completely from the system.
Notifications listed above pop up when trying to delete folders or files. These notifications are displayed by any operating system from Microsoft. The above notifications are errors generated when the system engages the files and folders being used, and one is trying to delete them at the same time.
Sometimes these errors in form of notifications are also displayed when certain files and folders are unused or left idle. To overcome this issue, one can utilise tools from third party to disengage or unlock these files and folders. These tools will disengage the locked folders and files, in turn allowing one to delete them easily.
- Download disengage tool called “Unlocker” and have it installed on the system.
- Select the file or folder, for which notifications are displayed. Right Click on them.
- Choose by clicking an option called Unlocker.
- New window pops up providing an elaborate list of all locked folders and files with their respective paths. Now to disengage them, select unlock option which will kill this process by terminating all the associated programs with them.
- The particular folder or file is unlocked.
- Now to delete the particular folder or file, simply select Delete button.
- This successfully completes the delete operation.