Bitdefender antivirus has been detected on your computer so it may be blocking teamviwer from accessing the internet connection problem
TeamViewer is an excellent remote desktop support software and BitDefender is one of the best anti-virus software available in the market. The problem is when these two software are installed on the same computer…
If you have BitDefender installed on your system and try accessing TeamViewer to connect to your remote partner, do not be surprised when you come across this error message: “Bitdefender antivirus has been detected on your computer so it may be blocking teamviwer from accessing the internet connection”. This happens because the TeamViewer tries to access from outside and allows outside computer to access your computer. This is against the rules of BitDefender.
- Click on Start button –> select Programs –> BitDefender 2009 > Bitdefender Internet Security 2009 (This is assuming you have Bitdefender 2009 installed on your system. The procedure must be similar if not same for Bitdefender 2010 / 2011 / 2012).
- Once Bitdefender is loaded, go to Advanced View.
- In the Advanced view, in the left side bar of the BitDefender Internet Security Window you’ll see the Firewall tab, click on it.
- Click on the Rules tab.
- Find TeamViewer or teamviewer.exe in the list of programs there, click on it, and then click the – button.
- Click the + button.
- Click Browse and navigate to teamviewer.exe (in C:\Program Files\TeamViewer\Version5\TeamViewer.exe by default).
- Make sure all the check boxes in the Events and Adapter Types sections are checked.
- In the Action section, make sure Allow is selected.
- Click the OK button to finish creating the rule.
- Click the X in the top-right corner of the Window to close BitDefender Internet Security.
On following the above steps, TeamViewer should now be able to connect to your partners access the Internet. If you are still not able to connect, then check if you have turned on Only LAN connections option.
Related TeamViewer Questions:
1> Solve TeamViewer commercial use suspected problem.
4> How to reinstall TeamViewer.
5> How to remove TeamViewer.