Can Others Find IP My Address by Manipulating Yahoo / GTalk / AOL etc Messenger
I was worried when I realized that most messengers have this vulnerability, where they can expose my IP address to a stranger who I’m chatting with. Before I begin to reveal the trick I should strictly mention that do not try this trick in real life, as this is article is meant to give you only the information and to broaden the knowledge, and educate you to be aware of the potential risk you might encounter because of this small loophole.
You can easy get to know a person’s Internet Protocol address by hacking Yahoo / Gtalk / AOL Messenger. All these chat messengers come handy and help us stay in contact with all the relatives and friends who stay far away from us.
To protect the user’s privacy these chat messengers strictly prohibit showing the Internet Protocol address of the person with whom we are chatting. You can use some tricks to break this security and get the IP address. Let us see how.
To do so you have to make a bridge with your personal computer and in order to do so you have to make a file transfer. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Start menu and click on Run to open the windows command prompt
- Then you have to type CMD and press enter
- Make a file transfer and make sure the file is above 3MB
- Now in command prompt you have to type netstat –n
- A list of Internet Protocol address will to provided to you in a black screen
- There will be two columns, one is named Local Address and the other will be named Foreign Address. Foreign address will have the Internet Protocol address of the person on the other end of the line whereas Local address IP is of yours.
- You will receive an output. Example: let us say that the output you have received is this: TCP 188.8.131.52:547 184.108.40.206:1647 ESTABLISHED
- Now the Internet Protocol address of the other person is 220.127.116.11, and the port number is 1647.
A stranger knowing your IP address has a lot of potential risks. You’ll have to be very careful when you interact with strangers, as a chat with a stranger with wrong intentions might cost you quite a lot.