With the Apple Watch, you really don’t have to worry about backing up your data or restoring it. Apple Watch backs up its data automatically. It also allows you to restore previous backups when you pair it with your iPhone. Learn how you can Restore backup on Apple Watch.
Backup is made only when you unpair the Apple Watch from the iPhone. Therefore, you cannot restore your Apple watch to a previous setting unless you unpair it from your iPhone.
Check step count with Apple Watch
Restore backup on Apple Watch – How To
- Turn on your Apple Watch.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Start Pairing’.
- After you pair it with your iPhone, you need to tap on ‘Restore from Backup’. Select the backup you want to use for restoring. Tap on agree for the terms and conditions.
- Sign in with your Apple ID. Select OK to turn on Location Services, SIRI and allow diagnostics.
- Choose a passcode for your Apple Watch. At this point, you can also choose if you want your Apple Watch to unlock automatically when your iPhone is unlocked.
Now, your Watch will complete the syncing process and restore the backup you selected. All you need to do is wait till the process is complete.
Track sleep with Apple Watch
If you are using the Apple Watch for fitness and to keep track of calories, then it is the perfect companion! If you also use it to track how many steps you have taken in a day to keep a count of, then here is how to check step count on Apple Watch. It is quite straightforward.
Apple watch does a reasonable job of telling you how many calories you’ve burnt in a day. To get a more accurate measurement, make sure you manually select the kind of activity that you are doing.
How to Check Step Count on Apple Watch
- Launch the activity app (Press the Digital Crown to go to the home screen/ launch the activity app by tapping on it)
- Navigate to the Activity View in the app.
- Scroll down the app until you get to the Step count section.
- Here, you will see the total step count along with active calories and the total distance that you have traveled.
So, that is how you Check Step Count on Apple Watch. It would have been nice if Apple had added a direct/easier way to view the step count as well as a real time function. Maybe it will be available in an update or a better app.
Learn how to track sleep with Apple Watch