The shortcut virus is a well known virus that most pendrives get affected with one time or the other. Due to this, all the files and folders get changed into shortcut files. The original ones get hidden. If your pendrive has this virus, it will also affect the program files in the computer. Learn how to remove shortcut virus from pendrive.
A file called ‘Autorun.inf’ is the most common virus that is found in pendrives. This can spread rapidly via memory cards, pendrives, the internet and bluetooth connections. Here are 3 methods to solve this issue.
Best alternative to Connectify hotspot software
How to Remove Shortcut Virus from Pendrive
- Remove virus using Command Prompt.
- This is one of the successful methods to remove the virus.
- Go to start>run>cmd
- Go to the infected location
- Type: F:*.* /d /s -h -r -s
- Replace F with the infected drive’s name. Press enter.
- Using Antivirus
- Install any antivirus such as Microsoft Security Essentials or Avast for Windows PC. This is another surefire method to remove the virus.
- Using Virus remover software
- There is a dedicated software that can eliminate the virus on the go. This is another handy tool and will automatically remove all shortcut files and folders. It will also restore the original files and folders. This is the quickest and easiest way to get yourself rid of this virus. Download it here.
So that’s that! That is the way to remove this annoying virus. In the future, take precautions to make sure you will not get the virus again.
- Disable autorun.
- Scan for virus before using portable drives, pendrives etc.
- Be careful about using portable media in public PCs.
- Keep your antivirus software up to date.
- Do not access/download anything from harmful/ suspicious websites.
How to create hotspot on Ubuntu operating system
Whatsapp is the best and the most used messaging application today. It has over 800 million users and adds more everyday. The simple interface and the ease of use has made it stand apart from the other messaging applications on the market. With features like voice messaging, group chats and broadcast messages, it is definitely the best messaging app out there.
But what would you do if you accidentally deleted the message history on Whatsapp? This happened to me a few days back. However, I managed to recover the delete messages on my iPhone with a few tips and tricks which I will share here.
The iPhone 7 Features You Need to Know
Recover Deleted Whatsapp Chats on iPhone
If you have backed up your chat history through iCloud or iTunes, you can get them back easily. Here is how you can back up your chat history:
Whatsapp>Settings>Chats>Chat Backup. Select the ‘Backup Now’ option. You can also automate and schedule backups. Tap on auto backup and choose how frequently you want to backup your chats.
You can backup videos as well by selecting the option to Include Videos.
If you have not enabled backup, then here is a hack to recover your chats on Whatsapp.
- Delete/Uninstall Whatsapp from your iPhone
- Go to the App Store and install Whatsapp on your phone.
- After the installation is complete, launch the app and verify your phone number for which you want to use the Whatsapp account.
- The application will ask you if you want to restore your chat history from iCloud. Simply select the restore option.
That’s it! Once the restoration is complete, you will be able to get the Whatsapp chats back. Problem solved!
Multiple Whatsapp on iPhone
Do you know of any other ways to restore deleted Whatsapp chats? Let us know in the comments below. Share this post with someone who would benefit from it.
Cellphones are quite handy when you want to monitor your workouts and fitness regime. They help to keep track of your goals, routines and calories via various apps. One such app on the iPhone is the activities app. You can view workouts on iPhone via this app. It will give you important information like your calorie count, heart rate, distance ran/walked and other important information.
View step count in Apple Watch
In iOS 9.3, you can use the activities app with many new features. You can also sync it with your Apple Watch to make viewing the information more easier. Follow these simple steps to learn how you can view your workouts on iPhone with the activities app.
View Workouts on iPhone – How To
- Sync your iPhone with your Apple Watch.
- To do so, launch the activity app on your iPhone. Tap on the workouts icon. A screen will appear showing information about how you can view information on Apple Watch. Now, launch the app on your Apple Watch to get started.
- Now that you are synced, you can see all the exercises in the workouts section in the activity app on your iPhone.
- Your workouts feature will be displayed on a monthly based. You can view individual days by tapping on a specific day. Tap on an individual workout to see details of each workout.
That’s that! You can now view workouts on iPhone. You can also share them on social media if you wish to challenge your friends to beat your workouts!
If you are an avid texter, you will want to read how to have Multiple Whatsapp on iPhone
One of the benefits of owning an Apple device is the Apple EcoSystem. Once you are within the Apple EcoSystem, you can access your content anywhere. You can get them on your iPhone/iPad or MAC without having to do more than a few simple steps. Learn how to Access Apple Music Playlists Anywhere with these simple steps.
Note that you should enable the iCloud Music Library on all your iOS devices and Mac. Thus, you will experience no difficulties in carrying out the steps below.
Add songs to Music App in iPhone
Access Apple Music Playlists Anywhere – How To
Let’s learn how to do this on the Mac.
- Open iTunes on Mac
- Click on Preferences in iTunes menu
- Click on General from the top of the screen
- Here, click on the iCloud Music Library check box.
- If you are asked for your Apple ID, enter it here and click on OK.
Now, all your content will be available on your Mac. Note that if you make any changes to the content on your Mac, it will reflect upon in other devices that have iCloud enabled.
Now, let’s learn how to do it on the iPhone/iPad
- Tap on the settings app. Scroll down to the music option and tap on it.
- Select the iCloud Music Library option and turn it on.
That’s that! Once you toggle the iCloud Music Library on, it will connect with your Mac and you can access all your content on your iPhone/iPad. Any changes you make to them on your iPhone/iPad will be reflected in all devices that have iCloud enabled.
Rotate video in iPhone/iPad
So, that is how you can access your music (and any other content such as videos, pictures etc.) across any Apple device. If you have problems in doing so, let us know in the comments below.
Sometimes, when you try to connect your iPhone and Mac to the same WiFi network, it would so happen that there would be an IP conflict. This happens when more than one device on the same network has the same IP address. It is quite easy to solve this problem with a few simple steps. Check out the steps below to fix the IP Address Conflict on iPhone and Mac.
Setup Apple Pay on iPhone/iPad
IP Address Conflict on iPhone and Mac – Fix
- Open the settings app on your iPhone and open the WiFi option.
- Tap on the ‘i‘ button next to the WiFi network for which you are connected.
- The network related info page will appear. At the bottom of the page, tap on ‘Renew Lease‘. This will reset the IP address of your iPhone.
Now, you can connect to the WiFi network and you will be able to do it without problems.
Sync Messages between iPhone/iPad and Mac
Now, let us see how you can solve this issue on the Mac.
- Open the System Preferences option on your Mac.
- Select the Network Preference option
- On the left side of this option, you will be shown the WiFi network that is having errors in connecting.
- At the bottom of the screen on the right side, click on the “Advanced” button.
- At the next page, click on the TCP/IP tab.
- Click on the ‘Renew DHCP Lease‘ option and you are good to go! This will reset your MAC’s IP address and you should have no more issues in connecting to the WiFi network.
If you are still facing issues in connecting to the same WiFi network with your Mac and iPhone, let us know in the comments below.
SnapChat is all the rage these days among teens, and the young generation. The primary reason for this success is that you can edit pictures/selfies that you have taken and share it with your friends via the app. There is a constant series of updates for the app which makes the app lively and fun for users. Now, SnapChat has a new feature called trophies. Learn how to unlock SnapChat Trophies on iPhone if you haven’t done so already.
How to Unlock SnapChat Trophies on iPhone
First, tap on the white ghost icon on the app’s camera screen. Tap on the trophy at the top of the profile screen.
You will get a menu with icons that look like emojis from Whatsapp. Some of them might be unlocked, while others will still be locked.
There is no methods to unlock trophies. You have to keep exploring the app and collect points. Once you have exceeded a certain score or have sent a certain number of stories from Discover, you can earn a trophy.
Here is a list of all the trophies and the points required to unlock them.
- Baby: When your Snapchat score reaches 100.
- Glowing star: When your score reaches 500.
- Sparkles: When your score reaches 1,000.
- Shooting star: When your score reaches 10,000
- Collision symbol: When your score reaches 50,000.
- Rocket ship: When your score reaches 100,000.
- Ghost: When your score reaches 500,000.
How to improve your gaming performance
There are other trophies as well. Learn how to unlock SnapChat filter trophies.
- Finger pointing up: After sending a snap with a filter applied.
- Peace sign: After sending a snap with two filters applied.
- Panda: After sending 50 snaps using the black & white filter.
- Snowflake: After sending a snap with the temperature filter showing it’s below freezing.
- Sun with face: After sending a snap with the filter showing it’s above 100° F.
- Lollipop: After sending a snap using five or more pen colors
- Rainbow: After sending 10 snaps using five or more pen colors.
- Palette: After sending 50 snaps using five or more pen colors.
Here is how you can unlock Video Trophies
- Videocassette tape: After sending a video snap.
- Old-school movie camera: After sending 50 video snaps.
- Digital video camera: After sending 500 video snaps.
- Monkey holding ears: After sending a video snap without sound.
- Loop once: When you flip the camera once in a video snap.
- Loop: When you flip the camera five times in a video snap.
- Refresh icon: When you flip the camera ten times in a video snap.
Here are some more SnapChat Trophies you can unlock on iPhone
- Flashlight: After sending 10 snaps with your front-facing flash on.
- Half-moon face: After sending 50 snaps in night mode.
- Japanese ogre: After sending 1,000 selfies.
- Magnifying glass: After sending 10 photo snaps entirely zoomed in.
- Microscope: After sending 10 video snaps using the zoom.
- ABCD: After sending 100 snaps with enlarged text font.
- Egg in a frying pan: After sending a snap between 4 and 5 a.m.
Finally, SnapChat has added new trophies as of December 2015.
- Email: Upon verifying your email address in Settings.
- Telephone: Upon verifying your phone number in Settings.
- Sad Devil: When you take Screenshot of 10 snaps.
- Red mask/Japanese goblin: When you take Screenshot of 50 snaps.
- Radio: Upon submitting a snap to your Live/Local Story.
- Clapper board: Upon submitting 10 snaps to your Live/Local story.
- Fax machine: Upon scanning 5 snapcodes.
How to delete SnapChat Story on iPhone
So that’s that. That is how to unlock SnapChat Trophies on iPhone. Share this with friends and family who use SnapChat regularly so they can also unlock the trophies and have fun.
We don’t always have a need to find the router’s IP address. But it is important to note it down, in case you want to configure your router via the admin panel. For this, you will want to have the IP address. You can find router IP address from iPhone or iPad if you want to. Make sure you have connected to the WiFi network from the router before you follow the steps below.
iPhone Battery FIX after iOS 9.3 Update
Find Router IP Address from iPhone – How to
- Open the settings app on your iPhone or iPad. Tap on the WiFi option.
- You will get a menu which shows the name of the WiFi network that you are connected to. Tap on the “i” icon that is next to it. You will get additional details about the WiFi network.
- You will get a menu that will contain IP addresses and the Subnet mask details. Under them is the Router and the corresponding IP address. This is the one that you would want to note.
That’s all for now. That is how you can Find Router IP Address from iPhone or iPad. This will come in handy the next time you want to change the WiFi password through the admin panel of the router.
Learn how to add songs in Music App in iPhone
While the recent iOS 9.3 update has added many features and tweaked existing features in the iOS 9, it is not completely bug-free and there are few errors with the update. While not major, one of the issues that users have been facing is that iPhone battery dies fast after iOS 9.3 Update. This is not a common issue for all users and some users have faced it more than others. Here is how you can fix this problem.
Best apps for iPhone photography and editing
iPhone battery dies fast after iOS 9.3 Update – Fix
- Try disabling the location services when not in use. The inbuilt GPS system can be a battery drainer at times. To do this, go to Privacy>Location settings and switch off Location Services.
- If you have live wallpapers enabled, they might be cool but consume a lot of battery. Choose a still image as the background and check if it helps to reduce battery drain.
- Close all apps running in the background. In iOS 9.3, closing an app in your device does not close it completely. To exit the app completely, do the following
- Double click on the home button
- Close apps by tapping on them and moving your finger up towards the top of the screen.
- You can close up to 3 apps at once by tapping each one with your finger and flicking them up together.
- Try to soft reset your device by holding the power and the home buttons together for a few seconds. The Apple logo will flash on the screen and the device will restart. Let go of the buttons. This should fix the battery issues.
So, that’s that. This is how you can fix iPhone battery dies fast after iOS 9.3 Update issue. If you have any other ways to fix this problem, let us know in the comments below.
iPhone stuck on verifying updates – Fix
If you are an ardent user of the Apple iPad and you have recently upgraded the OS to iOS 9.3, chances are that your iPad 2 has stopped working. You are not the only one out there who has been facing this issue. Many owners of the iPad 2 have complained that their devices have stopped responding after they have updated to iOS 9.3. If your iPad 2 stopped working after iOS 9.3 update, here is how you can fix the problem.
Sync messages between iPhone, iPad and MAC
iPad 2 stopped working after iOS 9.3 update – FIX
Firstly, there have been multiple complaints and Apple has come out with a new build for the iOS 9.3. It is called 13E236.
The update has already been rolled out for iPad owners. Check the update and see if it is also available for your device and region. If so, then you can update the iOS in your iPad 2.
If your iPad 2 is totally unresponsive to touch and any button presses, then your iPad is Bricked. Don’t worry, this is not a problem that cannot be sorted out. Download the new build of iOS 9.3 on your MAC. Plug in your device into a PC and then use iTunes to update the iOS build in your iPad 2.
That should fix the problem when your iPad 2 stopped working after iOS 9.3 update. If you have another alternative or a method to fix this, let me know in the comments below. Did this method not work for you? Comment below about why you think it did not work for you. Contact Apple to get the issue sorted out.
So that’s that. That is how you fix the issue when your iPad 2 stopped working after iOS 9.3 Update. Check out how you can unlock iCloud account on your iPhone or iPad
Sometimes, you would have brought a iPhone from an online seller or a dealer and you notice that the iCloud account on your phone is locked! While it is possible that you can approach the seller to get your account unlocked, most of the times it does not work. The sellers intentionally keep their iCloud account locked. This means you have an iPhone that is absolutely useless. Here is how you can unlock iCloud account on your iPhone.
Best racing games for iPhone and iPad
How to Unlock iCloud Account on your iPhone
This option is the best way to ensure that you can unlock the iCloud account on your iPhone/iPad for a relatively cheaper price. It is also faster, comparatively cheaper and has good customer support. The name of the service is officialiPhoneUnlock and they do a good job.
- Visit officialiPhoneunlock.co.uk
- Select iCloud Unlock option from the menu on the sidebar.
- Enter the iPhone model and the IMEI number of your phone for which you wish to unlock the iCloud account.
- If you do not know the IMEI number of your phone, dial *#06# to get the same.
- If you are unable to use the dialer, than tap on the “i” on the device screen to get the IMEI number.
- Make the required payment and wait for 2-3 days and your iCloud account will be unlocked. The price for unlocking the iCloud account is approximately £39.99. This is a lot cheaper and a better option than other companies that do the same job. The time taken is also lesser.
So, that’s that. That is how you can unlock iCloud account on your iPhone/iPad. Share this news with friends who are having problems with their iCloud account being locked and they will appreciate you for it.