Change Default View Source Editor From Notepad To Other Text Editors In IE
When you click on “View Source” tab in the Internet Explorer, the source will be released by means of notepad as default viewer. However, we all know hat the Notepad is not an excellent viewer or editor since it displays only the simple text. If you want to modify the default text editor instead of notepad to some other new text editor like Microsoft FrontPage, now you can get it done easily using the following way.
Following are the couple of ways, and by using either of them, you can modify the IE default viewer to view source:
1. Changing the default viewer by means of View Source Editor
- Go to the website http://www.iconico.com/viewSourceEditor/ and download the file named as “View Source Editor”
- Just open and run the application file. You will be prompted with a pop up window, it shows your existing default viewer
- Alter the default viewer via browsing to some other advanced viewer selection. You can run the .exe application directly at any time you want
2. Modification of the registry key
- Click Start open Run, and then type regedit.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software -> Microsoft -> Internet Explorer
- Generate a sub key as “View Source Editor” below the Internet Explorer
- Make a sub key, named as “Editor” and name it below View Source Editor
- Modify Default value of the Editor Name to D:\Tools\Notepad2\abc.exe (abc is an exemplar of viewer name).
On the other hand, you can generate the file of the registry key and perform it to make the sub keys as stated over. In a notepad, you need to copy and paste the codes that are given below and save the file as default_viewer.reg.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\View Source Editor]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\View Source Editor\Editor Name]
To execute the process, just double click on the default_viewer.reg file.