How to change details of organization in Windows XP?
As we all know that we have to give the details of organization and owner name when we install Windows XP. This is a one time work only; once the fields are filled you don’t get an option to change it. Now with the help of a little trick you can do that.
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to change the details provided in organization fields:
- Click on Run from the Start menu.
- Press Enter after you have typed regedit.
- You have to navigate to the location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version
- Lots of values with an option will be available on the right side. Do not alter any values from there.
- The only changes that you should make are as follows:
- Put your name in the registeredowner value data, the click on OK. This is to change the name of the owner
- Put the name of the organization in the registeredorganization value data and click on OK. This is to change the name of the organization
- That’s it. Now all you have to do is to reboot your machine so as to make the changes work.