Change Solid Icons To Transparent Icons In Windows XP
Do you want to make your desktop more attractive and organized? Changing the default icons to transparent icons is the best way to adorn your desktop. It enhances the look of your desktop. Usually, windows7 users have multiple options to make transparent interface using numerous windows 7 theme.
As far as windows XP users concerned, they have more flexibility to change the look of the interface by making transparent icons. Here are the two manual methods mentioned to show you hot to do it so. You just need to stick on the steps as referred.
- Initially, go to Start> Control Panel>System>Advanced tab.
- Now, navigate to Performance>Settings>Visual Effects tab.
- Enable “Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop” option.
- In case, it is already enabled, then disable it first and enable again.
- Then, click on the “Save” option button to apply the changes made.
- Go to Start>>Run then, type “regedit” in the box. The registry window will be opened.
- Then, go to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer”
- Tap on the “ForceActiveDesktopOn” and modify its value to 0.
- If there is no such key, then create one manually [Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)].
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer” and repeat the same process to change its value.
- Finally, tap on the save button.
- Reboot your system to apply changes properly.