Simple Techniques To Verify Activation Status In Windows Vista / 7
All Windows Vista / 7 users must be aware of the fact that Windows Vista / 7 is pretty strict regarding product activation. If the user fails to activate the system within 30 days, Windows Vista / 7 puts the system into a “Reduced Functionality Mode” which allows you to use limited Windows features until you get it activated.
Therefore, it is very important that you keep track and verify Windows Vista / 7 activation status to make sure that the activation is already done, especially in case of some Vista / 7 installations which require repetitive activation token, like the ones linked to Key Management Server (KMS).
It is quite easy to check Vista / 7 activation status. You just need to follow some simple steps.
1. Go to Start Menu and right-click on “Computer”.
2. From the right-click context menu that appears, select “Properties”.
3. You will see a window that displays your system’s basic information. Just scroll down the page and check the Windows activation status that is listed under the title “Windows activation”.
Apart from the above procedure, Windows Vista / 7 features “Software Licensing Manager” or SLMgr which is command-line related scripting tool that manages product activation and license product key. You may use the SLMgr.vbs script to verify and identify the license status or activation status of an installed Vista / 7 operating system.
To check Vista / 7 licensing and activation status using SLMgr.vbs, you need to follow the below mentioned steps.
1. Go to “Start Search” option in the Start Menu, type in “Cmd” in the search box and press Enter.
2. Command Prompt window will open. Type in any of the below mentioned commands and press Enter to get the licensing status and activation status information.
This command will display Vista / 7 activation status immediately along with the current license expiration date (if permanent activation of Vista is not yet been done).
In caseyou use any of these two commands, license information will be displayed. The last row will show the license status.