Check Out the “Multiple Inboxes” Feature Under Gmail Labs
Gmail has added another feature known as “Multiple Inboxes” in the Gmail Labs option. By using the “Multiple Inboxes” feature, you can have several inboxes within your Gmail view. This feature offers you with multiple viewing panes within one browser window. It also helps you view your saved searches and important labels instantly.
To enable this feature in your Gmail account, you need to simply follow the below mentioned steps.
- Sign in to your Gmail account and turn on Multiple Inboxes in the Gmail Labs. You can then continue with the below mentioned procedures, if you wish to view email messages from other Gmail accounts within your main Gmail account.
- Login to the other account that you wish to view from the primary or main Gmail account. Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Click on “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” option and add your main Gmail account as the forwarding address, so that a copy of each email is sent to your main Gmail account.
- Repeat step no. 2 and 3 on your other accounts if you wish to forward emails from any other Gmail accounts into your main Gmail account.
- Now go back to your main/primary Gmail account and click on “Settings” menu. Open “Multiple Inboxes” menu. You will notice default “is:star” and “is:draft” in two panes which will place all starred emails and draft messages in these two Inboxes. In every pane just type “to:” and the email ID of the forwarding account (the other account that you wish to view from the primary or main Gmail account), for example, “to:firstname.lastname@example.org”
- Once you do this, your “Multiple Inboxes” will start running. However, the messages will come into the inbox of the main/primary Gmail account too. You may tackle this issue by creating a filter.
- Go to the “Settings” menu in your main/primary Gmail account and click on the option “Filters” and create a new filter. In the text field corresponding to “To”, enter the email ID of the forwarding account. Click on “Next Step” and select the option “Skip the Inbox”. Then click on “Create Filter”.
- You may also use search option an “additional” resource for finding the emails of any particular address.