Check Out The New Features And Improvements In Ms Office 2007 Sp2
Microsoft has released SP2 (Service pack 2) for MS Office 2007 suite. MS Office 2007 SP2 comes with several enhancements and features to offer productive and reliable business productivity software.
Below mentioned is a list of enhancements, updates, fixes and features that are introduced in 2nd service pack for MS Office 2007.
Along with the release of MS Office 2007 SP2, Microsoft has also published KB953195 which gives you an overview of the improvements in SP2, known issues as well as behavior changes expected after installation.
MS Office 2007 SP2 for Office Desktop Programs:
- The SP2 installation will not be slipstreamed or integrated into present MS Office setup. Instead, you will be provided with an uninstaller tool which you can use to uninstall MS Office service packs and revert back to MS Office 2007 Service pack 1 without having to reinstall MS Office.
- SP2 comes with an improved cryptographic functionality which supports all cryptographic algorithms being offered by the OS.
- Offers a built-in native support for saving documents as ODF (Open Document Format), XPS (XML Paper Specification), PDF (Portable Document Format)due to which you do not need to install any additional plug-ins or add-ons.
- Possesses an ability of ungrouping SmartArt graphics.
MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Redefines the way SmartArt graphics are offered in XML code.
- Supports additional file formats including ODF document format (.ods, .odt, odp), PICT image format.
- Supports other third-party add-ons for opening and saving any unsupported file formats.
- Object Model support to create charts in Word and PowerPoint.
- Re-include facility for exporting report form to MS Excel.
- Enhanced functionality for charting
- Ability to fix minor bugs associated with table or chart display, printing, cell lock and Euro conversion.
- Facility for adding animations to SmartArt.
- Offers enhanced performance, especially while you deal with Solid state drive (SSD) and big database.
- Superior calendaring reliability.
- Better event reminding capability and improved calendar synchronization.
- In case you accidentally close a note, it will be auto loaded when you restart your system the next time. You may close this feature by going to “OneNote settings”.
- Ability of exporting UML models to XML file in compliance with XMI standard using MS Visio.
MS Office 2007 SP2 for Servers
- Improvements in manageability and performance have been made to variations in ECM (Enterprise Content Management) including STSADM commands used to repair links between the source page and the target pages.
- Office Project Professional of 2007 has made way for improvements concerning the web access of Office projects.
- Additionally, Windows SharePoint Services version 3.0 has been enhanced with timer jobs of indexing rebuild, along with the improvements on contents databases with read only permissions.