Configuring Google Mail To Download, Transfer Mails From Hotmail Through POP3
Hotmail, at last has officially announced POP3 supporting feature’s addition for its users. Even though it will not be made available for all countries in the world, a hack can allow all its users to utilize its POP3 feature. This hack can immediately turn on and initiate POP3 support, even if a user is not registered.
Users from all countries can utilize this feature without registering at the launch. Once this feature is enabled, all your email, messages can be quickly downloaded to Gmail’s Inbox through POP3 communications protocol. Now user has to count on certain time-consuming processes to transfer messages from Hotmail to Google mail.
Tip: Before starting the linking process, set up Hotmail’s POP3 feature.
Steps to follow in order to set, configure Google mail to download e-mails from MSN’s Hotmail account
- Sign-in to the Google mail Account.
- Select the Settings option which is provided in the right side.
- Click on the “Accounts” tab.
- Select a hyper-link named “add another mail account” from get mails from other accounts division.
- Type in the Hotmail’s “e-mail address” in the popped page. The mailing address should follow the format [email protected] Now go to next step by clicking on the “Next Step” button.
- Set up the settings for a Hotmail user account with the values provided below:
- Username: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] All are valid for Hotmail.
- Password: Type in the Windows Live Hotmail ID’s password used in logging Hotmail.
- POP Server: pop3.live.com
- Port: 995
- Click on the Check box for enabling SSL, named as “Always utilize a secure SSL connection when retrieving mails”.
- Few more options which are not mandatory, and can be set are as follows:
- Storing a copy of a retrieved message on this server.
- Labeling all incoming contents, messages with certain identities like moving it to folders.
- Archiving the incoming messages excluding Inbox.
- Select a button named “Add Account: when completed.
- A user is given the liberty to make a choice of selecting mail service provider. One can use either Gmail or other mail service providers to send /receive mails. To utilize this option one has to complete a wizard, verify and confirm by sending the confirmation link to Hotmail’s Inbox. This appears in the Gmail’s Inbox afterwards. POP3 initiates the retrieval and downloading of all mails received in Hotmail’s Inbox to Gmail’s Inbox.
- Mails received in MSN’s Hotmail will be recovered, downloaded & shifted to Gmail’s Inbox automatically without any intervention.