The iPhone’s default theme looks great as it is, but there are some of us who want to add our own personal touch to the phone and truly make it one of its kind, in the interface department at least. While most iPhone users get their devices jailbreaked to do this, not everyone is willing to do so. If you are one of these people, here is how you can customize app icons on iPhone without jailbreak.
Top 10 iPhone Facts You Should Know!
Customize App Icons on iPhone without Jailbreak
The platform that allows you to do this is the iSkin. It allows you to install themed apps on your iPhone without jailbreaking it. The platform works well with iPhone, iPad and the iPod that runs on iOS 7 or later. Best of all, it is free!
iSkin adds the themed app icons to your home screen, and doesn’t overwrite the existing ones. To overcome this, move the stock applications to a new folder and hide them once iSkin is up and running.
- Launch the web browser on your iOS device that you want to dress up and visit the iSkin web page.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Browse all themes’ under the ‘Install iOS themes‘ section.
- Pick the one that you would want to use.
- Scroll down and tap on the ‘Application Icons‘ under Install theme. This will apply the theme icons to your apps on the Home screen.
- You can select the apps that you want to theme in the ‘Show Quick Actions‘ section. You can also change the name if you wish.
- After you have selected the icons you want to theme, tap on ‘Install Icons‘
- Tap on install to confirm when asked for it.
- After the installation procedure is complete, you will find the new icons on your Home screen!
That’s it! That is how you can Customize App Icons on iPhone without Jailbreak. I haven’t found any thing that is buggy with the theme as yet. If you do not want the themed app icons, you can easily delete it via Settings>Apps?General>Profile>Delete Profile.
iPhone 7 features you need to know!
So what do you think? Let us know your favorite theme and if you have any issues in the comments below.