Tutorial To Put Your Device Into DFU Mode
When you decide to jailbreak your device, you have to put your device into DFU or Recovery mode. These two modes are very important step of the entire process of jailbreaking. However, you need to choose one of them to complete the jailbreaking process. Initially, you must understand the difference between Recovery and DFU mode.
The major difference is about iBoot loader as DFU mode doesn’t load iBoot loader while restoring or upgrading your device. In DFU mode your screen will not flash and remain completely black while loading the new version or firmware. In both the situations whether downgrading or upgrading your device, you need to put your device into DFU or Recovery mode.
Recovery mode is the default approach to upgrade or restore your iDevices. This mode will display your iTunes logo on the screen. DFU mode bypasses the iBoot loading process and continues the upgrading process. Here is the procedure to put your iDevice into the DFU mode:
- Switch On your iDevice(iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad)
- Plug in to the computer using USB data cable
- Launch the iTunes app so that the user will be informed when idevice enters into the DFU mode.
- Press and Hold the Home and Power button at the same time continuously for 10 seconds.
- Release Power button, but keep pressing the Home button for some more time
- Wait till the iTunes detect the iDevice in DFU mode with the notification message or indicating sound that hardware is connected.
- Ultimately, your iDevice is in DFU mode
- Make sure that the screen of the device in DFU mode must be black or switched off, if you find it ‘on’ or have the text on the screen such as “Please connect device to iTunes”, retry the entire steps again.
This method to put your iDevice into the DFU mode is very effective. There is another method available to set your gadget into DFU mode without pressing the buttons of your device. In this process you have to download the required files.
- Initially download the DFU mode zip file from the web
- Extract the content from the Zip file and root it to your hard drive
- Plug in your iDevice and ignore the iTunes
- Go to the – Run
- Type “c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu”
- Wait until the iPhone displays “White” screen
- Now precede your device in the DFU mode.