Disable Quick Launch Bar Permanently And Enable Superbar In Windows 7
If you have disabled a Quick Launch bar in Win7 pre-beta build version 6801 M3 OS and using a new Superbar feature, a peculiar problem will occur. The default classic Quick Launch bar will appear again and again or it will be re-enabled automatically when you restart your PC, even if you disable it each time.
Actually, Quick Launch Bar gets merged and integrated along with the buttons on taskbar to build the new Superbar. However, the Quick Launch Bar still continues to appear even after unlocking all the secret features.
Now, here is a simple trick to disable Quick Launch Bar permanently. To do so, you have to set a policy via Local Group Policy Editor by using the following steps.
- First of all, go to Start and open Search Box window.
- Type “gpedit.msc” (without quotes) and then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter keys all together. A Group Policy Editor will be opened with administrator rights.
- Then go to User Configuration and then Administrative Templates then Start Menu and Taskbar tree branch.
- On the right window, you should be able to see the option, Show QuickLaunch on Taskbar
- Double click on it and set its value to Disabled.
- Click OK button to save the changes.
- Finally, restart your PC.