How to Stop and Turn off Reading Layout In MS Office Word 2003
One of the famous products of the Microsoft Corp is “Microsoft Word 2003”. It arrives along with the Reading Layout, as either standalone or the product which is a part of Microsoft Office 2003 suite.
When the user opens up any Word document as of email attachment using the Outlook express or any other e-mail clients by clicking twice on computers local disk or any other source which is using Word 2003, at that time the file is shown in “Reading Layout” of a double-paned for read to the user.
Word’s Reading Layout tries to showcase files very exact-looking to word documents on the computer screen, which are easier to read and understand by moving though the document pages, and it fits nicely on computer screens.
Though, the layout conceals few features, between the toolbar that makes it very hard to edit the word documents. Several readers will not appreciate the page layout as it can clutters up tables of stuffing, listing, and lengthy subsections.
If you are one of those who would like to chuck or stop and disable the feature “Reading Layout” and would like to open word documents in the familiar view, which is the “Print Layout” in its place, follow the trick given trick below.
- Firstly, click on the menu Tools and select Options.
- The “Options” dialog box which is multi-tabbed, will shown, click General.
- Uncheck the check box designed for “Allow the starting in Reading Layout” alternative.
- Don’t forget to click on OK.
Some of the users will have difficulty to make the setting to stop Reading Layout fix as it keeps reverting to default. In these cases, where the feature “Reading Layout” gets back to default later rather than stopping for good, you can attempt to turn off or stop the “Reading Layout” by the use of Group Policy. Follow these following steps to do so:
- The first step is downloading and installing the Resource Kit of Microsoft Office 2003.
- Group Policy Management Console has to be opened at second step for Active Directory.
- Choose or make a Group Policy.
- Unlock User Configuration.
- After that right-click on the option named as “Administrative Templates”, choose Add/Remove Templates. Next, got to Word11.ADM.
- Go to Configuration then after Administrative Templates. Select MS Office Word 2003 and then go to Tools in this tab, go to Options, select General click on Allow Starting in Reading Layout.
- Next click on Enabled but do not check the checkbox given for Check to allow starting in Reading Layout document.
- Hit OK, Done! Exit the “Group Policy console”.
Instead using the above method, you can directly customize the system registry by the given value to obtain the identical reading layout blocking effect. You may as well copy and paste the given code into the text editor for saving it as a “.reg” file type, which may be automatically executed to make the changes in the registry keys. Here is the following code line
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00