Display Your Name In IE’s Title Bar
Customizing internet explorer’s title to the user’s name is fun and very easy to do. A little fine-tuning is all one needs to Do in order to view their names on the title bar of the IE. Every IE page displays a page’s title when opened. However, showing user’s name beside the title is quite easy, which is by editing registry. These tweaks are cool and simple, and sure shot way to impress people. Follow the simple steps shown below to view your name on the IE’s title bar.
Altering IE Title Bar With User’s Name:
- Browse to Start and click on Run
- Write Regedit and hit Enter key.
- A window for editing the registry opens. Now scroll down to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, select Software, then choose Microsoft, choose Internet Explorer and select Main.
- Few names and values for each registry are found to the right side of the window. Look for a name in the registry list named as “Window Title” from the list.
- Edit the value of “Window Title” registry to the user’s name. Save the changes and shut the registry window.
- Resume the internet explorer and view the new changes.
After this, IE will bear the user’s name on its title bar. User’s name will be displayed on every single IE page adjacent to the page’s title.