Easy Steps to Add, Insert Or Attach A File In Excel Worksheet
It’s really a time consuming process to attach worksheet and related files separately. Microsoft Office excel allows users to attach important files to worksheet for instant access and better use of both documents. With this feature users will be able to access files directly from the workbook. Users will definitely get access to their important documents via excel sheet without opening other tab.
By adding these files to the worksheet, users make it more presentable and effective to understand thoroughly. It really reduces or almost eliminates hassle process of integrating the two files with each other. If you have any doubts regarding how to insert file in an excel sheet, then simply follow the given steps systematically.
- Open an Excel workbook. Switch to particular worksheet where you want to insert file.
- Select and highlight the certain cell where you need to put related files.
- In ribbon interface or menu bar tap on “Insert”
- Select Object
- A dialogue box will be popped up showing two options namely, “Create New” and “Create From File”.
- You just choose “Create New” option for creating new files to add in excel worksheet few certain file formats are such as Acrobat PDF, Microsoft Word, OpenDocument, WordPad Document etc. These above options are just for creating new files then add them to excel sheets. However, here we are going to deal only existing files to add in excel worksheet. So it is better to choose “Create from File” option.
- Tap on the “Browse” option and choose the specific file to add into the worksheet.
- There are two more options to add and insert files into excel worksheet:
- Link To File: Users can insert contents and data into document and create a link to original source file. Changes to source file will be reflected in excel worksheet.
- Display As Icon: add or insert an specific icon, which represents contents of the particular file into Excel worksheet.
- Tick or Mark the respective checkboxes according to your preferences. Until you select or tick the boxes, you will not be allowed to see the options.
- Optionally, you can change the icon by clicking on Change Icon option. It will happen only when you have selected “Display as icon” option.
- Finally, tap on Ok button. The specific file will be added to excel sheet associated with content or as icon.
There is option to shift or move the file in a worksheet. By double clicking on the file, it will open in default editor program. You must adhere to the sequence and the order of this useful tutorial to get targeted result.