Does your computer have Kaspersky Antivirus or Internet Security installed? You must surely have run out of disk space many times, if not then you are bound to do so. This is because the Temporary files saved by Kaspersky takes up all the space.
You can free up a lot of disk space very easily, by simply going through the steps given below:-
1. Open Kaspersky Settings >Options and Disable the Self Defense Option.
2. Now Exit your Kaspersky product [KAV or KIS]
3. Enable “Show Hidden files and folders” option from the folder options.
4. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8.
5. Open the “Data” folder where you will find many files named as 1A.tmp, 2A.tmp, etc and other files and folders.
Now correctly choose all the files with a .tmp extension and forget all other files and folders. Then erase all the temporary files i.e., .tmp files. It is very important that you do not erase any of the other files. You are now left with a high reduction in your disk space.
Further, Start Kaspersky and turn ON Self-defense.>> Taking out these files is not a problem at all as they are temporary files utilized by Kaspersky previously.
Windows 7 and Vista users, navigate to this path:-
C:\Program Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP9\Bases\Cache to find the .tmp files and delete them.