Fix Errors While Upgrading Windows Vista to Windows 7
How to Fix Upgrade Errors (Repeated Restarts) While Upgrading Windows Vista to Windows 7
It is quite obvious that people would want to upgrade their old version of operating system to new version. It really is discomforting when you encounter problem while upgrading your system. The users of vista operating system are facing problem while upgrading their operating system to windows 7.
This problem causes frequent restarts of system that is very irritating. Many people find it very. Annoying and complicated while upgrading their vista to windows 7, because of these upgrade errors (Repeated Restarts/Reboot).
Users get message that your upgradation process failed and previous version restored you can continue with it. There is a specific notification message will be shown on screen “This version of windows could not be installed, your previous version of windows has been restored, and you can continue to use it”.
This message will be shown on screen every time when your upgradation process fails. It is a very irritating problem. The worst thing is that no specific reasons have been discovered until now behind this upgradation failure. However mechanism of this failure is clear that when you launch upgradation process, Boot Configuration Database (BCD) adjust itself to default windows 7 operating system.
As Upgrading process fails system restore your previous operating system, however BCD continues to make windows 7 your default operating system and proceed to windows 7 setup again and again. Therefore your computer reboot repeatedly.
Now you can get rid of from annoying problem by changing settings of BCD. If you change the values of BCD, your system will be started with vista operating system, and you will be free from repeated restarts upgrade errors immediately.
Steps to fix upgrade errors
- Primarily, start your computer.
- You would see boot menu option during booting (press F8 button if you don’t see), select Vista operating system instead of Windows 7.
- Insert Vista set up files (download vista SP2 ISO) and exit from the set up menu when installation menu open.
- Go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>right click on Command Prompt>Run as Administrator.
- type “X:\boot\Bootsect.exe /NT60 All” in command prompt tab and press Enter button ( X is the directory where you have inserted vista setup file)
- Restart your computer.
- The job will be done successfully and your system will not keep the booting again and again
- Resolve Issues While Upgrading to Windows 7 From Windows Vista
- How To Fix “Your upgrade partition has multiple operating systems” When Upgrading To Vista / Windows 7
- Upgrading Iphone Operating System Firmware To Version 3.0
- Get rid of Irritating Notifications of Reboot after Upgrading Window
- How to Upgrade Windows XP to Windows 7V