Do you have audio or video files in one format which may not be acceptable and want them to be converted? Looking for tools which do this kind of conversion? There are tons of freeware software which can do it for you. I’ve taken a handful from those which will be helpful:
First lets look at some of the best freeware converters:
1. BitComet (audio converter)
OS: Windows Vista, XP, 98, Me, NT
2. FLV to video Converter Pro
OS: Windows Vista, 2003, XP, 2000, NT
Other Requirements: Adobe Flash Player 7 or above
Converts FLV to AVI,MPEG,MP4,#GP,PSP. With Moyea FLV to Video Converter Pro 2.0, you can easily convert your FLV files to appropriate files that could be played on your DVD player, PC, iPod, PSP, MP4 player, Zune, cell phones, and other portable devices.
3. Blaze Media Pro (15 days trail)
This is one of the best software I’ve personally used, this includes audio and video converter. Some more features like video editing, audio editing, video capture, audio recorder, data CD/DVD burner, audio CD burner,Video CD (VCD/SVCD) burner etc are also available.
Audio capabilities of Blaze Media:
1. converter (MP3,WMA,WAV,OGG,etc.)
2. Convert bit rate and compression for audio formats, such as converting an MP3 from 128 kbps to 64 kbps. This software is adjustable to lower as well as higher bit rates.
Video Capabilities of Blaze Media:
1. Batch Video Converter for AVI, MPG, WMV, MOV, and more
2. Convert AVI, MPG, and WMV video to Flash
3. Video CD (VCD/SVCD) burner
4. Video DVD Burner
This software is all-in-one application and has almost all the features which is expected.
This is a paid one, but you get a free version too which is more than enough for basic needs. But if you are looking for a professional solution and don’t mind paying a few $$, then my recommendation is to go for the pro version. You get to evaluate the pro version for 15 days.
[Download Blaze Media Pro]
Look for a bigger list which will come out soon.