With iPhones having bigger storage capacities these days, we feel that we will never run out of space on our iPhones. But with so much space available, we do not consciously monitor what we are installing and what we have left behind on the storage. More ever, too much of clutter will cause problems such as apps crashing, the touchscreen freezing and random reboots in the worst cases. But fear not. You don’t have to uninstall your favorite apps or delete photos to make space on your iPhone. Here is how you can free space on iPhone without deleting photos or apps.
iPhone 7 Features for the iGeek in you
Free Space on iPhone without Deleting Photos or Apps – How To
- Delete Other Data
- Other data is data such as cache, cookies, your browser logs and history. Each and every app you use will leave behind some ‘other data’ on your phone. Over time, they accumulate and become quite large. Delete them to gain valuable space.
- Go to Settings>general>Storage and iCloud Usage>Manage storage.
- You will see the list of apps that have consumed space. Delete the ‘other data’ of apps that you would not want to store. Facebook is one of the biggest culprits in this section.
- You can also do a reset of your phone.
- Firstly, backup your device via iTunes
- Reset your iPhone via settings>general>Reset>Erase all content and Settings
- Restore your backup via a Mac or a PC and your device is as good as new again.
- Clear Safari history and website data by going to Settings>Safari>Clear History and Website Data.
- Remove Offline data
- Settings>General>Storage and iCloud Usage>Manage Storage
- Tap on Safari>Edit (from top right corner)
- Tap on the red button behind the ‘Offline Reading list’>Delete>Done.
- You can also remove offline data manually by doing the above process and selecting which data you don’t want. Tap on delete and done when you have made your choice.
That’s it! By doing these above steps, I managed to get nearly 4gb of storage space, as well as speed up my iphone’s operation. This is how you can Free Space on iPhone without Deleting Photos or Apps. Do you have any other methods/tips or tricks? Let us know in the comments below.