Trendnet is a wired and wireless networking hardware brand, which has recently released the 300Mbps Wireless N Media Bridge, model TEW-640MB. This has been introduced with the goal of offering high performance wireless connection to all networked media center devices. It has been designed to minimize the clutter enabling the users to relate upto 4 devices to a wireless n network.
It is also suitable to Ethernet-ready BluRay players, network TVs, gaming consoles and DVRs. The initial set up is not very difficult and can be made easier if you possess a router with a Wi-Fi Protected Setup [WPS] button. In such an instance, your job would be to:-
- Power up the TEW-640MB.
- Press the WPS button on your router, then the WPS button on the TEW-640MB.
- It will get connected to your router and the internet.
- Lastly, network media center devices to the four Ethernet ports on the back of the TEW-640MB for instant internet access.
The bridge brings along Advanced Multiple Input Multiple Output [MIMO] antenna technology to get rid of wireless dead spots and WMM Quality of Service [QoS] technology to categorize audio and video content. Costing $69.99 it is shipped to Trendnet’s online and retail partners along with a 3 year warranty.
Its set up is very easy with no drivers to install. Power Save mode preserves electricity when not in use. Also the latest in wireless encryption makes sure that there is wireless security. “ Following the tremendous success of our 300Mbps wireless n gaming adapter, model TEW-647 GA, we decided to with a strong foundation build the 300Mbps Wireless N Media Bridge with the same high performance chipset,” stated Sonny Su, Technical director for Trendnet.
Summing up the interesting features of TEW-640MB, we have:
- Users looking for high-performance wireless network can connect up to 4 devices at one go.
- Works with network enabled Blu-ray™ players, Televisions, DVRs, and game consoles
- WMM QoS prioritizes audio and video content
- One-touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) wireless connection