How to Add YouTube videos to your PowerPoint Presentation
This article shows how you can easily add a YouTube video to your presentation – and how you can carry this off without any problems at all. All you have to do is simply follow the steps given below.
The obvious way is to download the video from the web using any of the online (or on PC) softwares available. Then convert the FLV video into AVI, WMA, or MPEG using a video converter (again, there are loads of them out there), and then embed the object in the presentation. However, in this process you might lose out on the video quality. But this is the safest bet.
If you are going to present at a place where you have access to an internet connection, you can afford to directly embed the YouTube video in your presentation. For this, you have to do the following:
- Click on the Office logo to the top-left and then click on PowerPoint Options.
- Go to the Popular tab.
- Select the check-box next to Show Developer tab in the Ribbon and click on OK.
- Navigate to Developer -> More Controls.
- In the list of objects in the new window, select Shockwave Flash Object and click OK.
- Create a box in the slide where you will put the video.
- Right-click on this box and select Properties.
- Select Shockwave Flash Object from the drop-down menu.
- Next to the Custom option, click on the small square that has three dots on it.
- This will open a Properties dialog for the Shockwave Flash Object. Paste the URL for the YouTube video (you can find it under URL to the right of the video page on YouTube) into the Movie URL section.
- Replace the ‘=’ and ‘?’ signs in the URL with ‘/’ sign.
- Click on OK.
That’s it – you are done. Your YouTube video is successfully embedded in your slide show – to be downloaded and viewed in real time.