Changing the details of an E-mail Account in Outlook Express
The need to change the e-mail account information in your Outlook Express settings does crop up every now and then. Typically, when you sign up for a new e-mail service, or if you are given a new ID by your company, you will have to do this. Read the instructions given below to be able to do this in a step-by-step manner without any hassles.
- Launch Outlook Express.
- Navigate to Tools -> Accounts.
- A dialog will come up that contains all the accounts that are on the Outlook Express.
- Out of these, select the account for which you want to change the e-mail address.
- Then click on the Properties tab to the right.
- In the window for Properties, select the Servers tab.
- Fill in the necessary details – such as the mail server, both for incoming and outgoing mail, the account user name, the password for the account, and so on.
- After this is done, click on OK.
- Close the Internet Accounts window after this.
- Exit Outlook Express.
On the other hand, if you wish to delete an account, follow the steps 1 and 2 as listed above. Then, instead of selecting an account after clicking on Properties, after selecting the account, click on the Remove tab. This will delete the account from the Outlook Express memory.
Also, keep in mind that you have to fill in relevant and correct information in the Servers and General tabs that you will encounter in Steps 6-8. This is very important as – if say you enter a stupid name in the general then that name will appear in the From: field for all the people who get e-mails from you in their inboxes. Hence, make sure that you understand what is being asked in each field of these forms (in Steps 6-8) and then fill them up.