I recently covered how to recover an accidentally deleted youtube account. Deleting an youtube account is not accidental always, as you might decide to delete it at your own will.
Here’s how you can delete your YouTube account permanently from Youtube :
1> Contact YouTube’s Customer Support – go to http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/request.py
2> You’ll have a couple of options under ‘Contact Us’, select ‘Account Issue’
3> Click on ‘Continue’
4> In the new page, click on “Close My Account”
This will list the procedure you need to follow in order to close your account, which is as follows :
- Sign in with your username and password.
- Click the “My Account” link in the upper right corner.
- Under Account Settings, click the “Delete Account” link.
- Enter the reason you’re closing the account, and your password, then click the “Delete My Account” button.
- Click the “Log Out” link in the upper right corner.
It takes a while before your account is completely deleted as the system needs to be updated and synchronized. Check back within 24 – 48 hrs. Once deleted all your personal information will be deleted for ever, so if you manage to reopen your YouTube account, then you will not get back all the comments and other activities that are associated with your account.
So be sure before you delete your account