How Can I Export My Bookmark Settings From Mozilla Firefox
Exporting the Bookmark Settings in Mozilla Firefox
There are many ways that you can store the bookmarks settings of your Firefox web browser. This is extremely useful, if you are going to uninstall Firefox, and then reinstall it for some reason (say you might be about to format your C-drive). And, like most things in life, there is a short-cut way to do this, and there is a longer way. This article lists out the steps involved in both routes.
Method 1. The shorter way.
- Launch Firefox web browser.
- Navigate to Bookmarks -> Organise Bookmarks.
- A new dialog will open up, which has all the bookmarks listed under various categories. In the toolbar to the top, click on Import and Backup, and select the Export HTML option from the drop-down menu.
- Select an appropriate folder where you want to save the bookmark.html file (you can change the file name if you wish), and then click on Save.
- Exit Firefox.
Method 2. The longer way.
- Enable the option for viewing hidden files in Windows Explorer. [If you don’t know how to do it, you can get the instructions here.]
- Now, you have to go to the folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\<user profile name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\ Profiles\ <string of random characters>.default\
The .default folder will have a few random characters as the file name like wcgyadfg.default.
- Now, select the bookmark.html that is most recent – and right-click on it.
- Copy this file and then Paste in on your Desktop.
In both cases, when you launch the newly installed Firefox browser, you can either Import the bookmark.html file that you export/paste on Desktop; or you can copy paste the same file in the folder that you accessed in Step 2 of Method 2. This will ensure that your previous bookmark settings are loaded on to the new Firefox, and you can browse with ease.
- How To BackUp Internet Explorer Favorites In Windows And Export Them
- Effective History And Bookmark Searching In Firefox
- How To Import Options, Bookmarks From opera 9.63 To Google Chrome
- Delete Selective History From Firefox
- How Can I Create A BackUp Of Firefox Extensions And Store It In My Computer