Windows 7 is an improved version of Windows Vista with a number of unique features and a promise of much better performance than Vista. Windows Vista was a failure and there are several reasons for it. Some of these problems include bad performance and slow speed. The new improved windows 7 overcomes these problems. While the manufacturers have done their best there are still a number of loopholes in the Operating system. This could be because the drivers are not updated or software is consuming more space. The good news is that you can monitor and increase the performance of windows 7 by using in-built tools.
1. Event Viewer: This option gives you the facility to monitor and increase the performance by using the logs in the event viewer. It scrutinizes the troubleshooting issues and keeps the system healthy.
(Control Panel-> All Control Panel Items->Performance Information and Tools-> Advanced Tools- > View Performance details in event log)
2. Performance Monitor: This option gives you the information about the effects of applications on your systems performance.
(Control Panel-> All Control Panel Items->Performance Information and Tools-> Advanced Tools- > View Performance Monitor)
3. Resource Monitor: Windows Resource Monitor is a system tool that gives you the full information about the use of hardware (CPU, memory, disk, and network) and software (file handles and modules) resources in real time. Resource monitor can be used to start, stop, suspend, and resume processes and services.
(Control Panel-> All Control Panel Items->Performance Information and Tools-> Advanced Tools- > View Resource Monitor)
4. System Health Report: Based on the performances of CPU, Network, software, disk drives, O.S., memory etc., system health report is generated which gives the detailed information about the performance issues.
5. Appearance and performance of windows: there are some applications which are enabled or disabled by default but we never use all of them. In Windows 7 we can turn off those to get better performance. Likewise you can adjust the system for better appearance.
All tools can be accessed through control panel and can be used to increase the performance of Windows 7.