How to have your Bloger setup with your custom Blog without losing any traffic?
When it comes to Blogging, Blogger obviously is the most popular choice. If you have decent experience in BlogSpot and blogging, then you set your custom blog domain for your Blogger account, and then you can easily access your Blogger sub-domains without having to type those long names.
Setting up your blog with custom domain will give your Blog a professional look and that matters a lot. Getting a custom domain setup on Blogger is absolutely free of cost. It’s would definitely look attractive and most importantly you want the losing out on any traffic. Now let us see how we can get custom blog domain.
- Chose domain name which suits you best. Make sure that the domain name is quite relevant with the topic of your blogging. The domain name should justify your blogging topic. Try to use the KISS method, which means Keep it simple and short, and at the same time it should be attractive too. Short domain name has lots of advantages since people can easily remember your domain name.
- You should register your domain with a domain registrar after you have selected a nice domain name. Make sure the domain registrar you are resisting with is reputed one. You can find lots of reputed domain registrars online.
- When you are done with your registering you have make some changes in domain setting, these are normal changes. In your DNS setting make sure it redirects to your blog. Domain Name System is a server which redirects the sites to its desired addresses.
- In the control panel page of DNS check for CNAME records and get into its options. Then check if the WWW value of your Blogger exists or not. If it does, then it is fine, or else you have to create one for your Blogger name or your sub-domain name.
- The WWW value is configured, which means your address for you blog is created like this: WWW.<Your blog name>. Com. In order to redirect your traffic to your Blog, you have to write ghs.google.com in the value field of WWW. Now your domain will consider Google server as the DNS
- Any change in DNS doesn’t work instantly. Give it some time it will work but the time it takes to activate completely depends on service provider. It may take 48 hours or may take one minute. In case you DNS changes is not working even after 2 days the contact Domain registrar, if they say that they do not see any problem from their end, then contact you internet service provider and tell them to clear DNS cache.
- If everything works fine then, gradually all the traffic that was going to your blogspot blog will be directed to your blog, but to make sure that it redirects to your blog only, you have to make another small configuration change.
- After you are signed in your blogger account, go to Settings page, then click on Publishing, then click on Custom Domain and at the end go to advanced setting. In the text box put your domain name, and then save it. Then reload your blog again and the name of your new domain will be replaced with the old one.
- That’s it, that is all you have to do to set up your Blogger with your custom Blog
Setting your Blogger with your custom Blog is one way to make sure that you do not lose your visitors, because if they are visiting any of your Bloggers sub-domains, it will not affect their surfing.