How can I turn off auto refresh in Internet Explorer 7
Auto refresh is not a new feature. It’s part of IE since, 5 and has also been in IE 6. Auto Refresh in Internet Explorer / IE is known as Meta-Refresh.
This is not a browser feature, but a websites feature, for ex- a cricket website would have auto-refresh feature hook enabled in its Score card page.
But some times the page or site may refresh frequently, even before you are done with the content on that particular page. This Meta-Refresh or auto-refresh feature can be turned of forcefully, but you should be very sure before you turn it off, as a lot of websites need this feature to be enabled by default.
To turn of Auto-Refresh or Meta-Refresh :
1> Goto Tools -> Internet Options – > select the tab Security
2> Click on Custom Level -> Scroll till you find Miscellaneous
3> Allow META REFRESH -> Select Disable
4> Click on OK and exit.
- Disable Auto Scanning For Viruses In Firefox-3 After Downloading
- When I create a new document in Microsoft Word 2007, it puts a frame in the new document created. How do I remove this?
- How Can I Get Free Magazines On The Internet ( Digital Version )
- Internet SPAM Emails hitting hard on the Indians
- How To Disable The Security Centre Alerts in Windows XP