Uploading Outlook Express Address Book into your Hotmail Account
People who have signed up for a new e-mail account will find life a lot easier if their previous Contacts list was loaded on their e-mail account. For those of you using Outlook Express, if you have signed up for a Hotmail account, this article will tell you exactly how to get this done.
The first step is to export all your contacts’ details from the Outlook Address Book into a text file. This involves the following steps.
- Launch Outlook Express.
- Select the option at File -> Export -> Address Book.
- In the dialog that pops-up, select the option for Text File (Comma Separated Values) on the left panel, and click on Export to the right.
- The dialog will prompt for a file name and directory; so enter the necessary details at this stage.
- After this, you will be asked to select the fields of the Address Book you wish to export – such as First Name, Last Name, E-mail Address, Home City, etc. The best option is to select all the fields and then click on Finish.
After this, the next step is to open your inbox and then import the data.
- Launch a web browser, and sign-in to your Hotmail account.
- Click on the Contact List located in the Inbox in the navigation pane to the left under the heading Related Places.
- You are taken to the contacts page where, to the above of the contacts list, there is the Manage option.
- Click on Manage, and from the drop-down menu, click on Import.
- Select Outlook Express from the list of services.
- Then, click on the Choose File tab, and upload the text file you created above.
- Finally, click on the Import contacts tab.
That is all you need to do – you will get a confirmation message a few minutes later, as soon as hotmail loads all contact details from the CSV text file.