How to upload a video to your MyChurch profile
MyChurch is a social networking site that is modeled closely after MySpace and Facebook – the only difference being that this site puts an emphasis on Christianity and Christians. Although the look and design of this site is fairly up-to-date, it does not, as of now, have the ability for members to host videos as is possible in MySpace. However, if you upload your video on to a video sharing site such as YouTube first, MyChurch give you the option to link your YouTube video to your MyChurch profile.
Here is what you have to do.
- Upload your video on YouTube first.
- Log in to your MyChurch account.
- Click on the Write link in the navigation bar to the top – this will take you to a new blogpost kind of a page.
- Enter a suitable title for the post – anything you want, and preferably something related to the video you are going to upload.
- In the tools list above the compose field, you will see the Videos link. Click on it.
- A dialog will pop up asking for the details of the video. Copy the URL (the address in the address bar of the browser) of the video from your YouTube account, and paste it in the Video URL field.
- After a few moments, a preview of the video should appear in the dialog just below the Video URL field. This allows you to verify that MyChurch has recognized your video and that it is indeed the one you wish to upload.
- After this, click on Insert Code tab, just below the preview, and your video will be uploaded to your MyChurch post.
- Close the dialog.
- Publish the post that you had started in Step 3 above.
You can do this to link a video from any of the popular video sharing sites – including Google Video, Metacafe, Yahoo! Video, etc.