How To Change Firefox Toolbar Size / Page Size (Resize Firefox Toolbar / page)
Settings To Resize Page Content And Toolbars In Firefox 3
After upgrading Firefox 2 to Firefox 3, the users of Firefox Version 2 may feel themselves a little puzzled regarding to the changes in toolbar size and page content as well as the menu text. It seems little awkward having bigger size of texts in Firefox version 3.
In order to restore back Firefox 3 to the normal size, there are few configurations that you’ll need to set. These configurations will without doubt assist you in restoring your Firefox 3.
1. First of all, type “about:config” within the URL Location bar and then hit Enter button. When you type “about:config” (without quotes) into the location bar, there will be a warning massage as usual, which says “It will void your warranty!”. Then click on “I’ll be cautious, I assure” or something like that, to carry on the configuration procedure.
Then type “layout.css.dpi” in the Filter option.
2. In the ‘layout.css.dpi’ selection:
- Edit it by simply double clicking.
- Just enter “96” for value and click on “OK”
4. In the “layout.css.dpi”, preference do not display or appear, you have to Right-click. Simply keep the “Ctrl” key pressed when you click anyplace in the grid, then select “New”, then choose “Integer” from the menu.
5. When it prompts you to enter Preference name, you need to type, ‘layout.css.dpi’ and then click “OK”.
6. Next, just enter the integer (value) 96 manually and hit the “OK” option.
7. From that menu, at the top most end of Firefox Window-bar, choose FileFirefox and after that choose the “ExitQuit” and “FirefoxQuit” menu item.
After the completion of the above process you may restart Firefox. The page content and toolbar will be replaced back to the normal sizes that are previously known to you.