Steps to clear Run history in windows
Run prompt is widely used by many users for different purposes like so as to open temp, cmd, %temp%, explorer.exe, regedit, and lots more. All the commands that are typed in run get saved and can be seen by any other users.
So it is better to clear the run history to prevent from any phishing or any of that stuff. There are two ways of doing it.
The easiest way of clearing any pre-typed command in run is mentioned below:
- First of all, go to run from start menu and type regedit.
- Paste the following command in find:
- Very registry values can be seen on the right side. Please DO NOT make any change anywhere.
- Delete everything from MRU list.
- Now your run prompt will be new and no previous entries will be shown.
The biggest problem with editing registries is that if you do not know what you are doing you might end up with trouble. Tthere is one more way of clearing run entries and that is with the help third party tool called MRU blaster.
- Download the software and after installing it, run it.
- After clicking on scan you have to choose clean now option.
- As you Choose Clean Now option, you all entries in Run prompt will be deleted forever and it will be fresh as new.
Well , there is also one another way to clear run history which can be done by going to Right click on start and select properties , Under ” Start Menu ” tab select Customize , the select Advanced tab and then just hit on option “Clear List” and your all run history will removed . THIS IS QUICK ,FAST AND EASY WAY and you don’t need to reboot system as we all do after registry editing method .