Enabling Hotmail’s POP3 and SMTP supporting features for All Countries
Hotmail, a breakthrough in the mailing industry has added two new free supporting features. Formerly Hotmail was called “Windows Live Hotmail”, it has now added SMTP and POP3 supporting features that can be utilized by all. These features were previously made available only to its elite paid customers in a package named as Hotmail Plus.
POP3 support will allow all Hotmail users to directly download messages to the desktop and mobiles. Other email service providers such as Outlook and Gmail can consolidate their messages to any other mailing client’s inbox without utilizing iPhone or Microsoft Office’s Outlook Connector.
SMTP and POP3 supporting features will be made available to all its users gradually. In the beginning, these features will be made freely available to users from Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, Spain, Japan, Italy, Germany and Netherlands only. Hotmail users residing in other countries will need to wait a little longer to enjoy these free supporting features.
Users who are left with no patience and wishing to use the supporting SMTP and POP3 features in Hotmail can do so by following few tricks. One can enable these services from any country irrespective of their location by following the steps provided below.
Steps to Follow in order to utilize SMTP and POP3 features
1. Sign-in to your Hotmail account.
2. Click on Options, and Choose More options within Options.
3. Within the “Manage Your Account” division, open the hyper-link View & edit personal information to edit the personal details.
4. Open the Registered Information hyper-link by clicking on it.
5. For Work and Home Locations, alter the details as provide below:
- Postal/Zip Code: WC1B 3DG
- Constituent/Residing Nation: England
- Time/Geographical zone: London, England, United Kingdom, UTC/ GMT
6. Select and Save the changes.
7. Now open Hotmail, and change the displaying language to English by choosing from the Options.
8. Set up the email or any other mailing services like configuring Gmail so as to use Hotmail through POP3. Configuring e-mailing client allows one to download and access the Inbox through POP3 communications protocol. This is done by configuring SMTP and POP3 settings.
9. The e-mailing client or any other mail services provider ought to provide good accessibility, Sign-in facilities, downloading and sending mails via Hotmail servers without any error.
10. Once SMTP and POP3 settings are enabled for a Hotmail account, it is easy to return to its original interface, home, language and workplace location.