Importing events from iCal to Google Calendar
If you are using iCal and now want to share your calendar events with a select group of friends/colleagues – one option that crops into mind is to use Google Calendar. However, in order to do this, you will have to export all data from your iCal calendar to your Google Calendar. This article outlines the simple steps that are involved in this process.
Step 1: Export all data from your iCal Calendar
- Open iCal.
- Navigate to File -> Export.
- You will be prompted to provide a file name and specify the location where you want to save the exported file. Enter these and Click on Export.
That was easy! Now all you have to do this is import this data into Google Calendar. This is dependent on the fact that Google Calendar recognizes the format that iCal has exported in – fortunately, the developers at both ends had foreseen such circumstances and have ensured that there is perfect compatibility between the two. So now move on to Step 2.
Step 2: Import the calendar evens in to Google Calendar.
- Sign in to your Google account and go to Google Calendar.
- In the new Google Calendar, when you sign in, on the left navigation panel, you find that there is the heading Other Calendars. Click on the Add button just below this heading, and then select Import.
- A pop-up asks you to select the file from which you have to import the calendar. Click on Choose File to browse your hard drive and select the file you had exported in Step 1.
- Select the calendar you want to import this data in to. [This applies when you are managing multiple calendars on Google.]
- Click on Import.
- After this, wait while Google loads all the data in to the calendar.