Yesterday, we mentioned how we can insert Indian Rupee Symbol in microsoft’s word. I was casually browsing the internet and came across a mention by Amartya Bag, who has revealed a smarter way to insert Indian Rupee Symbol in Microsoft Word.
Here’s the method as mentioned by Amartya Bag :
How to Use the Indian Rupee Symbol in Microsoft Office
1. Download the Font (Rupees Foradian) provided by Foradian Technologies Inc (http://blog.foradian.com)
2. Install the font. (Copy the Font to Control Panel -> Fonts Folder)
3. Change the Font from the default (Times New Roman/ Arial/ Calibri) to Rupees Foradian Font.
4. Type the Rupees Symbol in Microsoft Word through the grave acent symbol – ` (the key just above “tab” button in your keyboard).
The process can be tweaked so that you can type in any font in MS Word yet you can get the Rupees symbol:
In MS Office 2002
1) Select the symbol (ie. Just like you do while copy pasting anything)
2) Click on Tools -> Autocorrect
3) In the Replace Text Box type in Rs.
4) Click on Add -> Ok
In MS Office 2007/ 2010
1.If you want to add a formatted text entry, open the document that contains the text that is formatted the way that you want, and select the Rupee Symbol.
2.Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.
4.Click AutoCorrect Options.
5. In the Replace Text Box type in Rs. (You may also need to change the formatting stle from “Plain Text” to “Formatted Text”)
6. Click on Add -> Ok
You can also do it the conventional way as mentioned on foradian :
TP Verma says
I have also written a article how to insert a rupee font as Rs autocurrect feature without fonts installed in your PC, also this font will not disapear in a PC where font is not installed as happen with rupee foradian font.
Microsoft support can be found here :
I have done as prescribed. But the auto correct after inserting rupee symbol is changing to next tile. I have observed in autocorrect wizare a * is found after rupee font. This is perhaps forcing the autocorrect to next line.
How to address the problem
HI have downloaded the font and installed as directed by pressing it to the control panel fonts folder but I am using Ms Word 2010. The font is not showing in the font list. Suggest what to do next. Email: [email protected]
Try http://www.rupee.im, a much much better way is there… ,many of the popular fonts with Rupee support are there.