How to mute CPU beep sound?
When we make some mistakes while working on computer, the CPU create a beep sound to warn us. By this way we know that whatever we are doing, we’re doing wrong and it may cause some serious problems to our personal computers. This sound helps us in different ways, but it also irritates when we are doing some serious job.
Steps to mute this sound are mentioned below.
This beep sound that CPU makes does not come from the speaker so muting the speaker won’t do much help. It is made from the CPU itself, so follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the Start button (on the bottom left hand side of the desktop)
- Select Run option from the Start menu
- Hit on the Enter after typing regedit
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then look for control panel and then look for Sound option
- Default, Extended Sounds and Beep are the three options that you will see on the right side of the Sound window.
- Open the beep by double clicking on it.
- Value should be changed to NO
- Your works is done and now just reboot your computer.
To change the settings again as it was then you just need to change the value from NO to YES. Just reboot your computer again and the change will take place. That’s all you have to do.