Import Emails From Your Hotmail, Yahoo, MSN, AOL Accounts To Gmail
For people who wish to switch over to Gmail from their current email service provider, Gmail offers a new feature using which they can easily import all the mails from their previous account to Gmail. As per an announcement posted on Gmail’s blog, this feature will allow users to import all old mails to Gmail with 30 days of auto-email forward facility to the previous email account.
Currently, this Gmail feature supports email imports from sites like MSN, AOL, Hotmail, Comcast, Netscape, Yahoo, Live.com etc. You may simply go to Gmail Help for the list of email service providers that are supported by this feature. The mails imported to Gmail can also be labeled for instant identification.
Method to transfer or import emails to Gmail.
- Login to your new Gmail account.
- Go to Settings and click on the tab “Accounts and Import”. Clock on the button “Import mail & contacts”.
- Input the login details of your previous email address from which you wish to transfer or import the emails.
- Choose from the below mentioned options.
- Import mail
- Import contacts
- Add label to all imported mail
- Import new mail for next thirty days.
It is recommended that you choose all four options.
- Click on the button “Start Import” to start the process of importing emails and contacts from your previous email service provider to Gmail.
- It will take around 48 hours for the entire transfer/ import process. You may check the status of the import process by going to the tab “Accounts and Import”.
However, you need not worry if you are unable to find the tab “Accounts and Import” under “Settings” in your Gmail account as Gmail is in a process of rolling out this new feature to old/ existing accounts and you will soon get it in your account as well.