Install And Uninstall Gmail/ Google Notifier
Gmail Notifier by Google is designed for Windows Operating Systems whereas the Google Notifier works with the Mac. Both these Google services basically notify the user whenever he/she receives a new email message. The procedure for installing Gmail/ Google Notifier is quite simple. You just need to follow the below mentioned steps.
You require Windows XP or Windows 2000 Operating System to install Gmail Notifier.
Procedure to install Gmail Notifier:
- Go to the link “http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/notifier_windows.html”.
- Click on the button “Download Gmail Notifier for Windows”.
- A File download box will be displayed. You need to click on “Save”.
- In case the installation does not start immediately, click on GmailInstaller icon and simply follow the installation instructions as prompted.
Procedure to uninstall Gmail Notifier:
- Click on Start button to display the Start Menu and go to “Control Panel”.
- Click on “Add & Remove Programs”.
- Select “Google Gmail Notifier” from the list of installed programs and click on the option “Remove”.
You require Mac OS 10.4 or high versions in order to install Google Notifier. It is compatible with Intel and PowerPC processors.
Procedure to install Google Notifier:
- Open the link http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/notifier_mac.html.
- Click on the button “Download Google Notifier for Mac”.
- Different browsers will show different dialog boxes. For instance, if you use Safari browser, you have to click on the option “Download” to confirm and follow the instructions for installation.
- Drag and drop Google Notifier icon into the Applications folder.
- Go to Applications folder and double-click on Google Notifier icon.
- You need to enter the username and password of your Gmail account.
Procedure to uninstall Google Notifier:
To uninstall the Google Notifier from Mac, you simply need to drag and drop Google Notifier icon into the Trash.