Steps To Install APK Non-Market App On Android Phone
Almost all apps for Android mobile are available at the Android app store, which is official place to download and install app for all Android tablets and smartphones. Unlike the iPhone, Android is a system that is completely open and doesn’t support any hacks for the app that are not available in Android app store.
Technically, all apps of Android use .apk file format. This extension indicates that the file is only meant for Android Smartphone. This special fire format carries the applications and makes them compatible to download on the Android power devices. However, Android app store allows users to download and install apps automatically from the store, but what about the non-mkt .apk app to download on Android powered devices.
Android powered devices don’t include any file manager and cannot be installed on double click as the Windows and Mac OS X operating system. Nevertheless, there are numerous ways to install .apk non-market app onto the Smartphone and tablets powered by Android. Check out the below given tweak to install .apk app.
Action 1 – Use APK installer to install .apk files
Android store app cannot install .apk format app directly, it is possible only after installation of the apps installer for free from the Android store.
- Launch Android Market
- You will get numbers of app that are developed only for installation of non-market app onto the Android market such as FastAppInsatll, Installer, AppsInstaller, Onymous App Installer, Fast Installer, and etc, download one of them and install on your system.
- Copy .apk file to root directory of SD card
- Start apps installer program
- Each app installer scans the root folder automatically from the SD card and explores the .apk files.
- Now, tap on the particular Android app that you need to install on your device. You will be prompted with a dialogue box to continue installation, confirm the installation.
- Once the process is completed, user can easily use the app right from the menu.
Action 2 – Push Install APK apps using Android SDK on the computer
In order to install .apk format app directly from the computer to android powered devices, users don’t need to navigate to Android Market. Thus, they don’t need to associate Google account with Android device.
- Download and Install the Android SDK on your system by simply opening the starter package to a secure location and add location to systems’ path.
- Windows users can download USB driver and install adb by tapping on SDK Setup.exe at root of the SDK directory to raise Android SDK and AVD manager.
- Launch the file directly from the root of the SDK directory by taping on SDK Setup.exe. From the given panel choose USB Driver Package to install.
- Connect Android Smartphone and tablet to computer using the USB cable
- On your android device, navigate to Settings>> Applications and enable Unknown Sources box.
- Navigate to Settings >> SD card and phone storage and mark Disable Use for USB storage.
- Copy .apk android setup package to your computer inside the SDK folder.
- Open Command Prompt box
- Execute the following command
adb install <path to the .apk file><.apk file name>
These methods to download non-market .apk apps on Android system are quite safe and easy to perform. However, there are some multi-purpose utility and file manager available that includes compatibility to install APK file onto your Android Devices such as ASTRO File Manager, AndroZip, File Manager, Android Mate, App ToolKit, EStrongs File Explorer and etc. Users can use these applications to download .apk file format app onto their Android systems.