iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S plus users are facing the strange issue of the speaker of their phones not working. This happens when they call someone. The speaker on the other end is unable to hear the caller. The speaker functions without problems when used to play music or videos. Here are a few fixes that you can try to solve the problem of the iPhone 6 speaker not working.
iPhone 6 Speaker Not Working – Fixes
Firstly, if it is a hardware issue, there is no other option than to get your iPhone replaced at the Apple Store. If it is not a hardware issue, then read on for possible fixes!
- Make sure the volume levels are adequate. Try keeping the volume level on the phone at max level. Make a call and check if the issue is fixed.
- Check that your iPhone 6 is not in headphone mode. If so, then you will have to get it out of headphone mode for the speaker to function when on calls.
- Check for an iOS update. Sometimes, an older version of the software can cause conflicts with some features. If an update is available, download it and install. Chances are that this update would have fixed the problem you are having.
- If your phone was working fine a couple of days/hours back, then try restoring your phone from a backup.
- If none of these fixes work, the final fix is to reset your phone and setup again. Make sure you have taken a current backup before you proceed with resetting the phone.
- If nothing works, then take it to the Apple store and get your phone checked. If it is a hardware issue, you will have to get the phone replaced as there is no other option.
So that’s it. These are the possible fixes for iPhone 6 Speaker Not Working. Have you experienced this issue and did any of the updates fix the problem for you? Let us know in the comments below. Have you tried any other solutions that you want us to know?
Share this with someone you know who has been having this problem and they will thank you for it.