Make Gmail Your Default Email Program
It is possible that you make Gmail your default email program. Making Gmail the default mailto handler means that, whenever you click on an email address that is hyperlinked, it will automatically open the Gmail Compose Mail window allowing you to send an email to that email address from your Gmail account.
You need to follow the below mentioned steps to set Gmail as the default email application.
For Windows users:
- You need to first download Google Notifier in your system.
- Within the system tray, right-click on Gmail Notifier icon and select “Options” from the right-click context menu.
- Check the checkbox corresponding to the option that allows you to use Gmail for all mailto: links on the internet.
- Finally, click on the “OK” button.
In future, if you wish to set another email client as default email application, you need to uncheck the option that you just enabled in the above procedure.
For Mac users:
- Download Google Notifier.
- Open the Google Notifier and click on the Mail icon placed within the menu bar.
- Go to “Preferences” and click on “Gmail Tab”.
- Choose Gmail from the drop-down menu for the option “Compose mail in”.