Ocster Backup Pro 6 – An Excellent Backup Solution
Most of us face a problem with our PC backup when our system crashes all of a sudden. We normally need to format the C drive which means some of the important data such as achieves from Outlook and Yahoo messenger, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer bookmarks etc would be permanently lost. Here is a perfect solution to all your backup related issues during crashes.
Ocster Backup Pro 6 (OBP 6) is a comprehensive, fully automatic backup solution that helps you save your important data during crashes. You no more need to be worried about losing data in case of a system crash. OBP 6 offers an amazing backup speed with interesting features such as one to one file copy which allows you mirror files to any other media without the need to pack them in achieves.
It allows you to take a backup of your browser bookmarks and Windows contacts (in case of Windows Vista and Windows 7). OBP 6 comes with ability of backing up your emails and calendar entries from Mozilla Thunderbird and MS Outlook. It possesses a special feature known as “Automatic Pausing” using which the backup process can be automatically paused whenever you need the PC’s full power.
OBP 6 is capable of storing and backing up data onto a network drive, an external HD or on Ocster Secure Storage which is specially secured. You can use Ocster Backup Pro quite easily even if you do not posses any technical knowledge. You can schedule automatic backups by simply selecting when and what you need to backup and the software will do its job perfectly.
Key Features of OBP 6:
- Ability to create fully automatic backup of your data.
- Simple to use.
- Excellent backup speed.
- Includes a selection of backup formats – One to One File Copy (Simple and quick mirroring of various files to any other media).
- Backup your Bookmarks in Internet Explorer.
- Backup your settings, add-ons and bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox.
- Backup your emails, settings, calendar and add-ons in Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Backup your Windows contacts into Windows Contacts folder.
- Extended filtering capabilities offer more choice.
- Versioning – Allows easy access to various old versions of important files.
- Outlook/Thunderbird Support – Helps you backup calendars and emails of Microsoft Outlook/Thunderbird with a click of a button.
- Backup Reports – It generates detailed reports each time it updates a backup. You may configure the report contents.
- Compression – It wisely compresses the backups so as to save disk space. You can choose between the various compression types such as fast, moderate and slow. All the types offer excellent compression.
- Stop & Resume – It allows you to stop and resume the backup process as and when required, for e.g. when you need to shutdown the PC.
- Email Backup Reports – It is capable of sending the backup reports automatically to your email address so that you remain up-to-date on backup status even if you are out for a business trip.
- Network support – You can also backup the files/ folders present on your network drives. If you wish you can save the backup on the network drives itself.
- Encryption – It has ability to encrypt and protect all backups with a secured password. You may configure the encryption algorithm if you wish.
- Scheduled Backups – You may either take the backups manually or schedule them to start at a preferred time.
- Automatic Pausing – It takes backups from the background and has ability to automatically pause it in order to prevent it from slowing down the execution of other applications. It monitors different system characteristics including I/O usage, CPU usage, full screen applications and many more
- Storage Types – You may easily store backups on USB sticks, external hard disks, network drives or Ocster Secure Storage.
- Offers Ocster Secure Storage support
- Stores backups in specialized data centers.
- Safer storage option as compared to USB sticks or hard disks.
- Offers protection to backups against water damage, fire, lightning, hurricanes, theft etc.
- Keeps multiple backup copies at different locations.
- Transmits data to data centers using a secured internet channel.
- Charges a small fee for subscription.
- Open File Support – You may also backup the file/folders that are open or the ones that you are presently using.
- Incremental backup – Once the initial back up is taken, it only save the changes that occur in the previously stored state which helps in saving disk space.
- Symbolic Link and Hard Link support – It allows you to backup symbolic links and hard links which can be correctly restored.
- Compression Algorithms – It supports compression types such as LZMA Quick, ZLib, LZMA Best and LZMA Normal.
- Special Files – It has ability to backup sparse, encrypted and compressed files.
- Encryption Algorithms – It encrypts the backup using algorithms such as AES 128 Bit, AES 256 Bit, Cast-128 and BlowFish.
- Small File Optimization – It has ability of achieving high compression even in case of small files by using its compression feature smartly.
System Requirements for OBP 6:
OBP 6 works with 32-bit as well as 64-bit versions of various Windows Operating systems such as Windows 7, Vista, XP, Server 2003 and Server 2008. It requires a minimum RAM of 512 MB and free hard disk space of 125 MB.
Ocster Backup Business 6 (OBB 6) is another version which is specially designed for small companies. It possesses all the advance features present in OBP 6. It offers an extra remote monitoring feature to allow various backup plans for multiple computers which can be handled and monitored from one single PC. This ensures a safe and secure backup of all the PCs in an office.
The system requirements for OBB 6 are same as OBP 6. OBP 6 is available for purchase for 39.90 USD and its Business edition is priced at 49.90 USD. However, both the software applications offer a free 30 day trial.