Reduce Firefox Tab Width to the Size of Its Favicon
Mozilla Firefox allows users to open multiple tabs in a single Firefox window eliminating a need for opening multiple windows and constantly switching between them. Firefox tabs have a fixed tab width which seems to be excessively long and the whole space gets occupied the moment you open about six tabs in a Firefox window.
However, it is possible that you change the tab width to make it equal to the size of its favicon. For doing so, you need to use a Firefox plugin known as “FaviconizeTab”. Simply follow the below mentioned procedure to install FaviconizeTab and enable it to resize the Firefox tab width.
- You need for download FaviconizeTab and install it on your PC.
- Restart the Firefox browser to make the plugin active.
- Once you restart/ reopen Firefox, you will notice installed extensions listed within add-ons pop-up window that appears. If you do not see any add-ons pop-up window, you need to go to Tools menu and select “Add-ons” to open the add-ons window. Locate “FaviconizeTab” and click on the button “Options”.
- In the Preference Window of FaviconizeTab, under the section “Quick Faviconize”, set the method for activating FaviconizeTab feature. The options include Alt + Click, Ctrl + Click, Shift + Click and Double Click.
For instance, select “Double-click”, if you wish to activate the FaviconizeTab feature by double-clicking on the tab.
- Now, to check if the settings are working, open a new Firefox tab and just double-click on it. The tab width will reduce to its favicon size.