Remove/Disable/Turn Off Sleep Mode Password Entry While Resuming Standby In Windows Vista
If you are a Windows Vista user, follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Logon to your PC as an administrator. Go to Start Menu and open “Control Panel”.
2. Choose “System and Maintenance” and go to “Power Options”.
3. Now click “Change plan settings” option for currently active plan.
4. Then click on the link that enables you to change the advanced power settings.
5. Further click on the link that allows you to change the currently unavailable settings. A dialog box “User Account Control” will pop up. Assign permission to continue.
6. Within the dialog box “Power Options”, go to the tab “Advanced Settings” for active power plan and Expand “Additional settings”.
7. Further, expand the option “Require a password on wakeup”. To change the value of this option to “No”, select the option “No” for “Plugged in” and “On battery” from the respective drop-down menus.
8. Click on the “OK” button.