Instagram is one of the most popular photo sharing apps that is being used these days. While sharing photos, people also tend to share location. This can be a useful feature at times. At other times, it can also be a hassle. So, if you are an avid iPhone user, it is best to know how to remove location from Instagram photos on iPhone.
Firstly, make sure you check that your GPS is switched off so it will not automatically tag the location to the photo. For photos that already have a location tagged to them, it is only a matter of minutes to remove location from Instagram photos on iPhone.
Remove Location from Instagram Photos on iPhone
- Launch Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Click on the photo that you have uploaded for which there is a location tag that you want to remove.
- Now, tap on the three horizontal dots that are on the top of the photo on the right side.
- A menu will pop up. Tap on the ‘Edit‘ option.
- Tap on the location. Another menu will pop up from the bottom.
- Tap on ‘Remove Location‘ and you are good to go.
Remember that you can always add a location/change location of a photo by clicking on “Change location” instead of “Remove Location“.
If you are an avid photographer, you will want to check out these awesome apps that will help you improve your iPhone photography and editing skills!
Note that if you remove the location of a photo, it will delete the Geotag for the picture as well as remove the photo from the photo map. So that is it! That is how to remove location from Instagram photo on iPhone. Easy, isn’t it? If you have any problems, let us know in the comments below.
Learn how to setup Apple Pay on your iPhone/Apple device!