Resolve Folder Opens in New Window Problem
Few times you encounter problem of computer when you open any folder, and it opens in new window instead of opening in exiting window. Normally, you open any folder then it will open in the existing window by default.
It is not the permanent problem once you change the settings of your computer. You can easily fix this annoying problem. There are two specific ways to fix this problem. All you have to do is follow these steps properly.
1. Launch new window (My Computer).
2. Now go to tools> Folder Options.
3. Now navigate to Browse Folders option under General tab.
4. Select “Open each folder in the same window”.
5. Finally click on Apply> Ok to implement changes properly.
Solution – 2
1. Navigate to Start> Run> Type Regedit> Press Enter.
2. Now search following key “HKLR/Directory/Shell”.
3. Right click on right side key to change value to 0.
4. Save changes by clicking ok and exit from Registry Editor.
5. Finally, you are done.
Now your problem has been solved, and all your folders will
be opened in existing window instead of in new window. You can select any one of these two methods to redress your problem.