How to Resolve Missing Folder Option Problem in Windows Explorer
Are you encountering problem of not getting the folder option under Tool menu? If you are facing this kind of problem, then no need to panic because there is trick to get back folder option. It is quite common problem which happens frequently and it disables the folder option from tool menu. In other words folder option will be omitted from tool option and you cannot customize your folder (Hiding folders, view, etc).
There are two ways to fix this problem that is mentioned below respectively:
Solution First: Edit registry
- Navigate to Run> type regedit> press Enter.
- Go to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
- At the right panel, search for a specific vale named NoFolderOptions. Now right click on it and select delete option.
- navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
- Follow step 3
Solution Second: Alter setting in Group Policy
- Navigate to Run> type gpedit> hit Enter button.
- Navigate to User Configuration> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Windows Explorer.
- At right side of panel, search for “Removes the Folder Options menu item from the Tools menu”. Right click on it and select properties.
- Change settings – Enabled to not configure or Disable.
Hope this easy trick will help you to fix this Folder Option missing problem.